Invigorating Coffee Bubble Bath

Anyone that knows me will tell you how much I love coffee and all things coffee related. This is no big secret. So it should be no surprise that I came up with, yet another way to incorporate coffee into my life.

First of all, let us briefly look at the use of coffee and caffeine in beauty/grooming/skin care. It is all over the place! Some experts claim that the caffeine in coffee is very beneficial to the skin with claims of reducing inflammation, redness and even cellulite. Beauty experts even go so far as to recommend the use of coffee as a way of reducing the appearance of under-eye circles.

So, with this in mind, you no longer think me so wacky for coming up with my Coffee Bubble Bath. Right?

Ingredients
Unscented* Bubble Bath (try dollar stores or mass merchants)
2 oz of espresso or 4 oz of very strongly brewed coffee
Plastic/glass container w/cap large enough to hold it all
Funnel (optional but helpful)
Printer (optional but helpful)

Method
Using a funnel or being very careful, pour half the bubble bath into your container. Pour your coffee into the container next. Now, add the remainder of the bubble bath. Put the cap on your container and secure. Is it secure? Are you sure? Great! Now shake it. The goal is to thoroughly mix the bubble bath and the coffee completely.

Once mixed, make yourself up a pretty label with your printer that includes the directions and any other info from the original bottle of bubble bath. Afix to your container.

Enjoy!

Notes
  • * Unscented is hard to find. Try complimentary scents such as vanilla and call it French Vanilla Sensation or something equally yummy.
  • Do not eat/drink/consume the Coffee Bubble Bath. It smells divine. But is just for the bath water. I guarantee you it will taste nasty. Yes, I gave it a little taste to ensure. ;-)
  • Save the original bottle from the bubble bath to reuse when you make more Coffee Bubble Bath. Clean and dry well.
  • You can use a couple of tablespoons of instant coffee but I find it takes forever for the instant coffee to dissolve completely.
Have you enjoyed this frugally fabuloso project? Let us know!

Image from Microsoft Office site, free for all use.

4 comments:

  1. How clever and a unique gift to give for those that love hand made gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, saw your headline over at Triberr. Great way to start the day with a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree Grace. Handmade gifts, to me when I receive one, shows that extra love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find baths to be too relaxing to start my day with Lisa. Maybe that is why I'm in "Go go go" mode all day? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Stay frugal!