Xbox's Games with Gold - June 2015

Xbox 360

Thief
5.55 GB
Full Game
Free until June 30, 2015 (midnight-ish) with Xbox Live subscription

I'll be honest, after Thief Deadly Shadows, I am too traumatized for this edition. Leaving the shadows for one split second was the worst mistake I could make in this game franchise.

That said, I do love stealth games. True stealth games. Not the, "Hide and then go in welding weapons as unstealthy as possible." So if you enjoy running around penalized for not being stealthy, this is not a game for you. But, if you like stealth, go for it!

I did download this and have not finished it. So, the game might get better for me and maybe I'll stop being traumatized from Deadly Shadows.

Additional freebies
There are no additional freebies associated with this title save for trailers.

Grab Thief free with Xbox Live subscription.

Xbox One

Massive Chalice
961.72 MB
Free until June 30, 2015 (midnight-ish) with Xbox Live subscription

While Xbox One considers games to be just games, I'd classify this as an arcade game. I found it really fun but I am OK occasionally with overhead limited movement games that are turn based. Not the most fun considering how far video games have come, to take this step back in video game development.

The Chalice is hysterical to listen to as they jabber on. Well worth playing the game just for the dialog. And, the style of characters is very appealing.

But, about halfway to year 300, the level of difficulty rose so steeply as to make the game beyond frustrating for me. After trying for many hours over many days, I finally resigned myself to an incomplete game unless I chose to restart on Easy Difficulty. Which, I may do a year from now when the memory of the frustration has worn off.

Pick it up for some quick giggles and if you are feeling nostolgic for the 1990s style of RPGing.

Additional freebies
There are no additional freebies associated with this title.

Grab Massive Chalice free with Xbox Live subscription.

Pool Nation FX
8.18 GB
Free until June 30, 2015 (midnight-ish) with Xbox Live subscription

I have nothing to really say about this game as I just am not into these types of games and it didn't look appealing to me.

That said, if you enjoy simulation games and/or enjoy playing pool, this is a game for you. Plus it's free!

Additional freebies
There are no additional freebies associated with this title.

Grab Pool Nation FX free with Xbox Live subscription.

Xbox Live Rewards
Thief has a possible 1000 points members can get for 10 hours of gameplay until June 30, 2015. Also, Massive Chalice has a possible 1000 points members can get for 10 hours of gameplay until June 30, 2015.

Lost? Found this post past it's time? Go here to see the current free Games with Gold.

Next free Games with Gold - TBA.

Disclaimer
This review contains only my opinions. I have not been financially compensated in any way. I did not receive nor use any samples and/or coupons in order to provide my review only my own Xbox Live Gold account, Xbox One console and Xbox 360 console. Feel free to read my full disclosure policy.


Author: Janna Hall
Janna enjoys the thrill of a deal and sharing frugal tips, cooking and her passion, video gaming. When not blogging, Janna can be found on her Xbox 360, cooking, earning some cash or gardening. Share tips, recipes, deals here and follow on Twitter.

0 comments:

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Stay frugal!