Easy Quiche - Gamer Grabs!

By now you all have a firm grasp that I'm a gamer. I don't just sit around watching TV. Well, sometimes I do. I challenge my mind and my body with video games. Like most gamers, I often look for food I can just stuff in my mouth. But, unlike some, I look for food I can stuff in my mouth, that isn't going to completely destroy my body.

Enter my easy quiche. It can be made ahead of time and treated like a mini pizza. But...much more nutritious. This recipe is not a traditional one. It is a modified one I make to reduce the negative aspects of eggs. Don't get me wrong. Eggs are great. However, eating lots of eggs, or anything for that matter, isn't so good for the arteries.

Finally, this is the base recipe. Feel free to use the suggested ingredients at the bottom to add to your quiche or even come up with your own favorites! Without further ado, basic quiche.

Ingredients
2 whole eggs lightly beaten
2 eggs, whites only, lightly beaten
1 cup of milk (1%-Whole)
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (your choice)
1 premade pie crust (defrosted) (or make your own)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the milk with the eggs and mix together.

Carefully pour egg and milk mixture into the uncooked pie crust. Then sprinkle your cheese all over the mixture in the pie crust.

Bake until a knife comes cleanly from the center of the quiche. This is approximately 30 minutes.

Can be eaten hot or cold. Stores in 'fridge for 3 days.

Optional Ingredients
Spinach
Bacon
Broccoli
Ham
Chicken
Tomatoes
Onions

Notes
You will see I reduced the negative associated with eggs by doing 1/2 whole eggs and 1/2 separated eggs. You are welcome to do 4 whole eggs.

What is your favorite way of making quiche? Let us know via comments!

Image courtesy of clker.com.

Author: Janna Hall
Janna enjoys the thrill of a deal and sharing frugal tips, cooking and her passion, video gaming. When not blogging, Janna can be found on her Xbox 360, cooking, earning some cash or gardening. Share tips, recipes, deals here and follow on Twitter.

0 comments:

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Stay frugal!